March 5, 2010

OMG I FORGOT!

To add to my other post yesterday but I have the most TERRIBLE news!

My Diana Mini is BROKEN!! 
Like OMG!!!

I think it got squished or something in my bag because the shutter trigger SNAPPED OFF! I think it was like hanging on by the smallest bit of plastic then I tried taking a picture on Monday and it fell off right into my hand. 

So I suppose I won't be able to finish my 365 photographs, photography project thing. Which is sad. I CAN start again on my birthday and name it 19 because it will be a picture everyday of when I was nineteen which I also think is cool. I shall make a post reinstating the rules and stuff for this or anything new before my birthday, I have four months to plan this and stock up on film! I guess the good thing about not being able to use my camera and having postponed my project is that I'm in no hurry to buy more film anymore. Although I do feel like stocking up and just splurging on like 20 rolls of film. Maybe I should buy bulk off ebay..

So yeah, my camera is broke but it's nothing to worry about too much. I walked down to the photography labs yesterday and talked to someone down there. It shouldn't be too much of a problem. Luckily it is just an analogue camera so its all mechanical. All I really need to do is glue it back on and it should be fine. Just need to find the right glue. Should go down there again and ask about it but I'm in no rush because I'm postponing my photography project anyway. Although I do miss just taking it out for a snap at something random. Maybe I should just bring my digital and make sure that I always have spare batteries with me. Although it doesn't have the same effect.

Anyway, just sharing on my temporary loss. I should get back to sleep.

*j

No comments:

Post a Comment