On a budget and/or not willing to commit to big renovation project?
Well here is the perfect DIY for you (and me)!
I present to you the easiest and cheapest faux wallpaper DIY ever!
and how good does it look?
This awesome project is from Finnish blog My Second hand Life on the Indie Days website. It is in Finnish but there is an English blurb at the bottom. There is no actual DIY instructions but I thought I would add some here. And I haven't done this project yet (hence the "DIY must try" but I am hoping to try it out ASAP, probably going to the shops to get my supplies tomorrow or by the end of the week)
Now for the how-to.
All you will need is:
- a wall
- a roll of little dot stickers in the colour/size of your choice otherwise known as circle label stickers.
- Select the wall you want to polka dot. It can be one wall in your room to use as a feature or two walls or even 3. All of them?! The ceiling maybe even or a door (I do like the door idea).
- Make sure it's nice and clean. It doesn't have to be spotless but no one wants to look at a dirty wall. Just use a damp cloth. If you are having any difficulties, consult a professional (that's a joke).
- Start sticking! You can place your dots as dense or as sparsely as you like! You can place them randomly like in the photo at the top or you can be really pedantic and space them all out evenly with a ruler (this will probably make this DIY more difficult and time consuming).
- You're done! Step back and admire your hard work. ☺
In the mean time good luck with this!